Custom Search

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Simplicity

Sometimes I get so caught up in "making" something, that I feel I need a recipe or else all is lost. I forget that sometimes the most basic meals can also be very delicious. Last night was one of those simple meals, that was also quite good and fairly inexpensive. I managed to get several fryer chickens on sale a couple weeks ago for 39 cents/lb. I also, got a bag of mixed vegetables on sale for $1 and a box of pasta-roni for 88 cents. So, for about $5, I fed our family of five. Pretty good deal. It was nothing complicated. No fancy herbs, no extra ingredients, just chicken with two easy sides. The best part is there was enough left over for my husband to take for lunch and for me to make another chicken dinner. I think I might use the extra chicken for taco soup later in the week. I try to space out my meats, so I don't have two chicken meals back to back, or hamburger, etc. Maybe I'm wierd for it, but I don't want to feel like I'm eating the same thing all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails