Custom Search

Saturday, January 10, 2009

This week at a glance

So far I have done quite well this week. On Monday we took the girls to a movie and went to Applebee's afterward. I had had a dinner planned, but those plans changed when we decided to go to the movies. Tuesday, we had chicken quesadilla's and bean burros. Wednesday, we had Chicken and Dumplings. It turned out really well and I plan on making it again. When I do, I will include pictures and the recipe. My four-year-old didn't like it and only ate the carrots, but my almost six-year-old had seconds. Thursday, we had alfredo with chicken and broccoli and a salad. I served it all separately, since my girls wouldn't eat it if it was mixed together. Friday, was almost a disaster. I had planned on baked potatoes, but it turned out my potatoes were bad, so I had to come up with something else last minute. Luckily, I had taken out the hamburger to thaw early that morning for a different dinner, so I made a goulsh type dish with hamburger, rice, diced tomatoes, green beans and corn. Again, my four-year-old protested. Today, we had shake-n-bake chicken with mashed sweet potatoes and mixed vegetables. The sweet potatoes were a new instant variety. I generally dislike instant mashed potatoes, so I'm not sure what made me think these would be good, but they were iffy. I also made rolls, but I forgot about them, so we had them afterwards with homemade pomegranate jelly for desert.
For future posts, I'll try to include recipes and pictures, but I warn, there may not be much variety. Perhaps it will be an incentive to try new things.

Total spent eating out: $40

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails