Custom Search

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Snowball Effect

Sorry, I've slacked. I spent most of Sunday in bed with a headache. My husband fed our children chicken nuggets for dinner and as awful as this is, went to Jack-in-the-Box after they went to bed to get us dinner. Monday night I did cook dinner. We had bacon and avacado burgers. However, we then went to McDonalds to get ice cream for family home evening. It's like a snowball effect, once we eat out, then it just makes it easier to keep eating out and harder to stop the cycle. I do cringe everytime I see the total we have spent eating out on my sidebar which does give me some motivation. Keeping track has also helped me to recognize what triggers us to eat out. For example, if my kitchen is a mess or the table is dirty, I don't want to cook. If we run errands before dinner we are more likely to eat out. Today I nearly panicked because I forgot to take meat out to thaw. So instead, we're having baked potatoes and chicken cesaer salad. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails