Custom Search

Friday, January 16, 2009

Peach and Pineapple Cobbler

I picked up some fresh peaches at the store on sale so last night I made a peach and pineapple cobbler. It was the first cobbler I've made and it turned out quite nicely. I was looking for a peach cobbler recipe, but I could only find ones using canned peaches, so I decided to just wing it.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel and cut up peaches (about 2 cups fresh). Then add a can of pineapple chunks with half the juice. Add 1/3 cup sugar and 1/4t. vanilla. Stir and let sit. Place 1/2c. butter in a 9x13 in dish and put in oven to melt.
Mix 1c. flour, 1c. sugar, 1c. milk, and 1t. baking powder in bowl.Once butter has melted, add fruit.
Spread fruit in pan and then add batter. Do not stir.
Sprinkle top with cinnamon and nutmeg and place in oven for 50-60 min to bake.

I don't have a picture of the whole cobbler, because it got attacked the moment it came out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails