Custom Search

Friday, January 29, 2010

Ratatouille on Pasta


I found some eggplant on sale for $1. I've only had eggplant once before on a pizza and my husband and girls had never tried it, so we decided to be a little adventurous.
I decided to use my eggplant in ratatouille. Here's how I made mine:
You need:
1 eggplant
2 zucchini
1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes with garlic
1 can tomato sauce
olive oil
salt
pepper
pasta
Dice up the zucchini and eggplant. Because the zucchini will take longer to cook, add it to a large skillet and drizzle with olive oil and cook for about 3 minutes or so, until it starts to become tender and then add your eggplant. Drizzle with more olive oil and salt and pepper. Cook for another 1-2 minutes and then add diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Bring to boil and simmer until vegetables are cooked through.
While cooking ratatouille, put on pasta to cook. I used miniature bow tie pasta and dittany, simply because that is what I had on hand.
The verdict:
My husband and I both thought this was very good. My girls refused to even try the eggplant, but really had fun with the pasta. I thought this would also be good with sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails