Custom Search

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Goals Update

I started this blog a year ago to help me keep track of how often and how much we were spending eating out. While I didn't do so great in keeping a monthly tally, I did get better at eating more at home. We moved to a smaller city in the fall, which I believe helped. There simply isn't the fast food or restaurant choices available here as there used to be. I also began watching other children during the week, which has put an end to my lunch time fast food runs. I don't necessarily want to spend more money than I make watching them to feed them lunch. We do still occasionally eat out, but not nearly as often and more than not I have planned to eat out, which is a first. Before, it was simply a whim. Dinnertime would come and I would not feel like cooking, so off to the nearest fast food place we'd go. I've gotten better at menu planning and stocking my pantry and freezer, so I can put a quick meal together with what we have. I still have room for improvement. We still eat out 1-2 times a week. I'd love to get that down to 1-2 times a month. We'll see what 2010 brings.

1 comment:

  1. Our goal is NOT to eat out at all unless we are on along road trip and that won't happen until June!

    Withdrawals = P

    Good luck at menu planning. I know to keep small amounts of meats and stuff to cook in the fridge that way I am forced to cook daily before it spoils. I'll be following to see if we can't pick up tips from each other.

    May

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails