Custom Search

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Crepes with Homemade Blueberry Syrup

I made crepes and oatmeal for dinner. I love having breakfast for dinner. For one reason, I'm not really a breakfast in the morning person--it's just too early to cook--and another is, aside from being good, it makes for an inexpensive dinner.

I found my crepes recipe
here on The Prudent Homemaker.
I made my own blueberry syrup, with some blueberries I had picked up earlier in the year and frozen.

Blueberry Syrup
1 cup sugar
1-2 T. cornstarch
1 t. lemon juice
1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries

In saucepan over medium high heat stir sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice until sugar is dissolved. Next add blueberries. Mash some of the blueberries with a wooden spoon while cooking and leave the rest whole. Bring to a boil. Pour over crepes. The syrup mixture will thicken as it cools and sits, just warm it up again to turn it back into liquid.

Crepes are also good with nutella, powdered sugar, ham and cheese, etc. Be creative!

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious. You can also make your crepe batter with buttermilk. That's yummy with your blueberries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love breakfast for dinner too! Blueberry crepes sound fabulous! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails